See the original "You're probably a hipster" list here!
1) Serve an interesting variation of her favorite drink (hint: it's not a wine cooler):
the Moscow Mule:
2 oz. vodka
1 tbsp lime juice
(vodka and lime over ice in chilled glass, fill with ginger beer and serve with extra lime)
2) Feed the hipsters (they eat more than you think):
Purchase tofu salad rolls from your favorite Thai restaurant
Make chicken satays on the BBQ with Trader Joe's excellent Peanut Satay sauce
3 halved, peeled, seeded, thinly sliced cucumbers,
9 tbsp rice vinegar
3 tbs brown sugar
3 tbsp cilantro chopped,
2 tbs nam pla/fish sauce
-mix and marinate for at least 30 minutes
3) Give a few tasteful gifts and do not allow anyone to holler "Speech!" afterwards:
Nan Lawson custom hipster portrait
Anthropologie bralette and tap pants
Or, if you're looking for some hip household goodies, I know of a great little online source:
4) Do NOT play games. I repeat, NO GAMES. No toilet paper wedding dress competitions. No egg or balloon relays. Someone in the 1700s decided women like this sort of thing, and it's time to move on.
5) Watch a movie:
6) Hit the jacuzzi. It is your job as hostess at this point to suppress indelicate discussions of...shall we say, marital intimacy (the good, the bad, the ugly). These discussions are best reserved for a "mom's night out" where us hardy veterans can handle the gritty stuff. The hipster bride SO does not want to hear it. In her mind, it's beautiful and scented with lavender. Let her have her dreams.
7) Repeat number one often