Monday, March 8, 2010

You're probably a hipster if...your bridal shower looks like this

See the original "You're probably a hipster" list here!

1) Serve an interesting variation of her favorite drink (hint: it's not a wine cooler):


the Moscow Mule:
2 oz. vodka
1 tbsp lime juice
ginger beer
(vodka and lime over ice in chilled glass, fill with ginger beer and serve with extra lime)

2) Feed the hipsters (they eat more than you think):

Purchase tofu salad rolls from your favorite Thai restaurant
Make chicken satays on the BBQ with Trader Joe's excellent Peanut Satay sauce
Jasmine Rice
Cucumber Sunomono:
3 halved, peeled, seeded, thinly sliced cucumbers,
9 tbsp rice vinegar
3 tbs brown sugar
3 tbsp cilantro chopped,
2 tbs nam pla/fish sauce
-mix and marinate for at least 30 minutes

3) Give a few tasteful gifts and do not allow anyone to holler "Speech!" afterwards:
Nan Lawson custom hipster portrait

Anthropologie bralette and tap pants


Or, if you're looking for some hip household goodies, I know of a great little online source:



4) Do NOT play games. I repeat, NO GAMES. No toilet paper wedding dress competitions. No egg or balloon relays. Someone in the 1700s decided women like this sort of thing, and it's time to move on.

5) Watch a movie:
Old


or Funny



6) Hit the jacuzzi. It is your job as hostess at this point to suppress indelicate discussions of...shall we say, marital intimacy (the good, the bad, the ugly). These discussions are best reserved for a "mom's night out" where us hardy veterans can handle the gritty stuff. The hipster bride SO does not want to hear it. In her mind, it's beautiful and scented with lavender. Let her have her dreams.

7) Repeat number one often

4 comments:

  1. Summer,

    Super cute! I want to pretend that this was my bridal shower. (Didn't have one, which is better than some horror story of my mother-in-law buying me pasties.)

    Of course, when hipsters marry they tend to have hip babies. So, when's the baby shower?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you confessing something??
    Of course that was next on my list...you sound as if you may have some suggestions! DO tell...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s only been a week! Sheesh.

    I’d love to see the NO GAMES ban in effect, along with that 80’s classic “Adventures in Babysitting”, platefuls of *cooked* sushi, some cute breastfeeding tees, and a super-cute poster from rattle-n-roll. Oh, and is there a good non-alcoholic Bloody Mary out there?

    “Lips” tee at: http://www.mamafeelsgood.com/breastfeeding-tees/long-sleeve-breastfeeding-tshirts/lips-grey-breastfeeding-tshirt_19.html
    Poster at: http://rattle-n-roll.com/html/custom.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really make it appear really easy along with your presentation but I find this matter
    to be really one thing which I think I might by no means understand.

    It kind of feels too complex and very large for
    me. I'm looking forward in your subsequent submit, I'll attempt to get the cling of it!


    Also visit my homepage; metabolic rate calculator

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something to say? I'd love to hear it...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails