Monday, March 29, 2010

Wild Nights, Wild Days






Wild Nights-Wild Nights! (229)
Emily Dickenson

Wild Nights – Wild Nights!
Were I with thee
Wild Nights should be
Our luxury!

Futile – the winds –
To a heart in port –
Done with the compass –
Done with the chart!

Rowing in Eden –
Ah, the sea!
Might I moor – Tonight –
In thee!


If you took a week and put it into a blender, you may get something that looks like my day so far.

Last night, jacuzzi full of hipsters and house full of spring-breaking pre-teens.

At 12:30 a.m. finally fall asleep.

At 1 a.m., "Mom, I'm not tired."

"Get in bed with me."

Repeat at 2 a.m. and 3 a.m.

In the morning, forget I had agreed to help photograph a new line of children's accessories for a friend in my studio.

Welcome, house full of reluctant toddler models and crying babies!

Quick with the snacks, cajoling, encouraging, and silly picture-taking!

Enlist goofy nephew to calm the diva model.

On to a tour of the treehouse while the mamas conduct a slap-dash picture editing tutorial.

Farewell baggies of animal cookies, before the babies do any more Godzilla-style damage to the pre-teen boardgame being played on the floor.

Quick, pretend to work.

Call to impromptu swim party... get your trunks...lunch??? Dang, knew I forgot something! Taco shop to the rescue!

Another visiting baby and mama-nurse, peek-a-boo, nose wipes, doggie licks, and a decision to embrace the chaos

HOUSE MARGARITAS (1 with salt, 1 no salt) AT 3:00

NACHOS AT 3:10

4:26pm, prepare entire family and business to celebrate the most important event in mankind's history and leave town for a week. Portland, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something to say? I'd love to hear it...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails