Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Reader's Refrigerators



or as my friend MamaZu likes to say, "I like to have a full larder."

As I prepared to leave town today and went through the house getting it ready for the housesitters, I was embarrassed by how empty I let my cupboards get. But I noticed there were several things that I always have a supply of.

So, tell me the five food things you ALWAYS have on hand. The truth, not the aspiration!

Mine are:

Red wine (Nero d'Avola,usually)
Sriracha sauce
Trader Joe's bag of southern greens
Olive oil
Butter

Now if only those ingredients combined into something edible...



photo seen on every blog this week from emersonmade via designsponge

7 comments:

  1. chick peas
    mayonnaise
    eggs (comes with the chickens)
    more eggs
    French roast coffee

    ReplyDelete
  2. MUST HAVES:
    Canned Tomatoes
    Canned Beans
    Anchovies
    Olive Oil

    I could go on, but you know my larder....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trader Joe's nonfat greek yogurt
    Peanut butter(i think the husband and the dog would die without it)
    Strawberries
    Egg whites
    Annies white cheddar shells...I can eat the whole box myself

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarsha-eggs, mayonnaise, French Roast? You're the perfect French woman!
    MaMaZu-intimately familiar with your lovely larder. Surprised by sardines, though. Use it for red sauce??
    scgamester-oh, yes...that Greek yogurt with garlic, cucumbers, a little salt and lemon juice, on pita. Favorite snack ever.
    I think Annie's is lying when they say that box serves more than one. It NEVER does!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarsha-by the way, your lovely and very entertaining "Looky Loo" comment went into some blogger black hole...feel free to re-post if you're willing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sardines? maybe, but anchovies definately! Oh yes, French Roast, Peanut Butter and Strauss' Nonfat Yogurt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops, my "bad". I was thinking "stinky little fish" and forgot to verify the variety! Sardines...blech!

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something to say? I'd love to hear it...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails