Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Golden Girl


Today was an emotionally-drizzly-with-chances-of-showers-and-unexpected-sunshine day. Yep, all over the map.
A.M. date with grandma and some of her elderly cronies. Sunshine. One of her friends, an old Southern belle, said about her grandaughter (a mother of four), "I told her she needed to do something about that, because whenever a sperm passes by her eggs hold out their arms and say "Come to mama." " Sunshine...the brilliant kind that only emanates from their simpler, surer era.
Distressing news about my estranged little sister...that always ends in showers. Once I was alone, I pulled over by the post office and tore off a violent poem of hateful protest against her demons. Only, who to send it to? So I offered it up as my prayer. This leaves me a skinless, quivering mass of nerve-jelly.
And then, a generous note from a reader. Sunshine.
Friends, some things aren't in our power to repair. Even more reason to act, and act quickly, when it is. Be generous to your loved ones. Be forgiving. Apologize. Humble yourself. Be heroic. Do what it takes. Don't let go.
I love you, M.

2 comments:

  1. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love NEVER fails.

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something to say? I'd love to hear it...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails