Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Resourceful

Like a lot of you, I'm pretty fabric-obsessed, and I always have my eye out for new and affordable fabrics to use in projects. I was on the IKEA fabric bandwagon for a while (you too, right?) but I'm really over the...garishness of it right now.

On the other hand, you just can't beat their prices. Or can you?
I'm going to give up my secret source for cheap, of-the-moment upholstery fabric. I swear, one look and you're going to launch a full reupholstery campaign at home.

I love this corn-yellow zigzag. It's Rubie Green at one-billionth the cost. I like this for a modern nursery (use it on some Roman shades and the crib bumper...with black piping!) or to craft with; I would love to cover a journal with it. 'Cuz I'm all about expressing my innermost thoughts in ways that can be discovered and made public...



This is the perfect animal print-stylized and subtle. None of that faux-fur nastiness. Perfect in small doses, like a peg-legged Mid Century ottoman (paint the legs glossy black-more glam!) or to reupholster the seats of antique dining chairs. You know, bring those hand-me-downs into the 21st century.



This large paisley-esque print in lipstick red is just crying out for a flamboyantly-shaped vintage wing chair...maybe something with a tufted or channel back?



Mmmm, tasty yellow Ikat. Maybe on a long upholstered bench, or as pillow shams mixed in with gray bedding?


And the best for last, this very oversized charcoal slub zig zag. I have a chrome Milo Baughman lounge/ottoman set that is going to FREAK YOU OUT when it's redone in this fabric. I also ordered some to make dining room curtains. I think it's going to look wild with my Persian rug and Regency furniture. Sort of Disco Debutante.


Anyways, enjoy and let me know if the fabric inspires any projects. Oh yes, it's upholstery width and costs $7.00-$9.99 per yard.

2 comments:

  1. I just order a few yards of the yellow ikat from them, and I could not believe how inexpensive it was. Love it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! One of my favorites...let me know what you use it for!

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something to say? I'd love to hear it...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails