Thursday, October 28, 2010

Craigslist Victory!

Cue the Hallelujah chorus! Merely four years after completing our kitchen remodel, I've finally found "THE RUG".



Antique, Turkish, vegetable dyed, nearly destroyed in all the right ways, and only 80 clams on Craigslist.



I almost didn't get it. I sent the huzzy over to pick it up and he called me and whispered into his cell, "Are you sure about this thing? It's really messed up..."



How to explain to huz good messed up and bad messed up?

So I just hissed, "Don't come home without it!"
The seller bought it in Germany, at a Turkish market, decades ago. Over the phone he said it was a magic carpet but he never could figure out how to make it fly. This is why I send the huz for pickups now. Trying hard not get murdered here. Rolled up into a Turkish rug and waking up in Germany.



I'm moderately embarrassed that I didn't clean the kitchen before taking pictures. Eh. We'll all survive.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, amazing, Summer! That is definitely good messed up. And, your kitchen is gorgeous.
    I have a Moroccan rug with large sequins that I haven't figured out what to do with yet. It hangs up on the wall, and I just don't yet have a room for red/black/silver spangles. Aw well.

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something to say? I'd love to hear it...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails