Wednesday, December 29, 2010

HACKED!

You may remember that I hacked a Danish-style bed for the youngest Haus boy.
Well, recently while thrifting I found a $600-ish litho inside a very big, very sad IKEA frame.
After giving the plexi front to the boys to see how many dangerous shards they could break it into (answer: still counting, much to the pleasure of my bare feet), I was left with the wood frame and pressboard backing.



Rather than trash it, like a good little child of the Recession I "repurposed" it.
I lightly sanded the frame and the smooth side of the pressboard. I dug a little tube of yellow acrylic craft paint out of the closet for the frame, and bought a $4 can of chalkboard spraypaint.



Four dollars later, and voila, a giant, colorful chalkboard.




I just can't decide; hang it over the bed or over the chair?





4 comments:

  1. i vote for the chair, because the bed will be full of chalk dust. happy new year, hope to see lots of new posts to keep me amused and informed. moNO

    ReplyDelete
  2. We picked up a frame from a flea market (it was already painted, check!) and painted on the exact same chalkboard paint. Works like a charm!

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/erinkaydavis/5014812628/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ben-i really like it, and the already-painted-color looks great. Looks like you have a lot of great DIY projects over there!

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something to say? I'd love to hear it...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails